atunah

Kit
Noreen A. Reilly-Harrington
Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning
Down London Road - Samantha Young If there is one thing this author does to me, its hooking me into the pages. Like literally. I picked this up from the library yesterday, sat down to read a couple of pages only and came up again for air 150 pages later. Finished it today since pesky work and life got in the way in between :).Now I loved On Dublin Street, even though Joss was not one of my favorite heroines. I had a hard time liking her for some reason. But Braden, oh boy. But I remember not liking the heroine in this one much either at the time, Johanna. But surprisingly, I liked Jo here much better than I thought I would. I didn't like some of her actions, especially towards Malcolm. I actually wish he got his own book down the line for some reason. I think he really got the shaft in a bad way. Anyway, I didn't like the treatment and how they, Cam and Johanna, googled each other, while still involved with other people. I mean it happens. When they met they were already in those relationships, it just bugged me. So Johanna's actions even after releasing Malcolm did bug me. Just let em go when you break them hearts. So that is what I didn't like.But there was much else to like for me. The emotional impact on the life Johanna has lived, and the demons she still has to fight was very well done. It was heartbreaking at times. We are a sum of our experiences in life, so some of her actions, including her lack of self esteem, do make sense. Its easy to say to someone to get it together and have more courage. Its living it that is the hard part. The trust issues are then more realistic. Plus there was also a younger brother involved so more responsibility then most young people have to deal with. I really liked how the instant dislike between the two turned to need and want and then love. Like I said, I was hooked quickly to keep turning the pages. And I think other reviewers have mentioned this also, the hurtful things that Cam says to Johanna toward the end, where its clear that back of his head he still thinks of her as a gold digger, after everything they been through and everything he now knows about her, that was really badly done by him. But the worse was that they never talked about that. It was a huge thing in a relationship, big enough to break people up and they just never brought it up again after some other drama happened. That bugged me big time. That and poor MalcolmBut I still want something for Malcolm. He needs a HEA. I can't be the only one that feels that way? Oh well. So I guess its somewhere between a 3.5 and a 4 star for me. I didn't quite love it as much as On Dublin Street, but that was some big shoe to fill in the first place. I am really looking forward to the next one though. I just really love how this author pulls me in and maybe its because the author is scottish herself, the sense of location and personalities feels very organic and just right for me.