atunah

Atunah's Romance Haus

The Alabaster Hip (The Regency Romp Trilogy Book 3)
Maggie Fenton;Margaret Foxe
Kit
Noreen A. Reilly-Harrington
Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning
The Importance of Being Wicked - Victoria Alexander I really enjoyed this one. A woman that runs a business and is a gifted architect, which she has to keep secret for obvious reasons. What I really liked most in this book was the witty verbal sparring between the characters. Most of it between the leads, but also with the cast. Nobody here seems to be stuck in their thoughts. You know some books where someone thinks about something for pages and pages until you forget what the character was actually doing or who they were interacting with. Nothing like this here. They actually talk with each other. Communicate. Of course there are still some secrets left to be found out. But to me they happened pretty organically. Until the end where it was a bit annoying and drawn out. But the verbal fencing in this is such a delight to read. It makes the characters come alive and be believable in their interactions. I am usually OCD about reading a series in order. But I had reserved this one at the library without checking so I didn't know there were other books before. The Novella about Win and his 3 failed engagements is actually at the end of the paperback. So I read that one first when I found out. So I wasn't familiar with some of the other characters. It doesn't happen often to me reading a series out of order. :)