atunah

Atunah's Romance Haus

The Alabaster Hip (The Regency Romp Trilogy Book 3)
Maggie Fenton;Margaret Foxe
Kit
Noreen A. Reilly-Harrington
Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning
Heart Mate - Robin D. Owens I took my postings about this book I did on a board and just transferred them over. Sometimes what comes into my head first works best :)-----------------------------------This was really weird. Good things are that cats can be familiars in that world. The world is on another planet and 400 years ago colonists came. So they have first families and grand families or something like that. Its kind of set up like a society in the 1800's. Class system. Just that they use magic. The higher up the more "flair". Now the cats. They can telepathically communicate with their familiars. And the main cat in this book "thinks" a LOT. And its scarily accurate. Or what I assume as a human being owned by a cat thinks of accurate. The bad parts for me was the romance. I am not a fan of the fated stuff too much. That is the theme here, heartmates. But anytime I read the term womanflesh in a romance, I cringe. I was also totally confused at the beginning. You just kind of drop into the world without any explanations on anything. And the Hero sometimes reverts to Tarzan speak. Me Tarzan, you Jane, mine. At times its funny. You got the Hero going Me Tarzan you Jane and Zanth the cat going "Me Me Pet NOW". Or some such thing. So it was interesting as far as world building, but didn't come together for me totally. The romance was seriously lacking though. Not sure if I read more in the series. I had to get this in library mass paperback and it was a bit difficult to read. I did like the teleporting. Its like, look I am over here, now look I am over there. And yes, Hero teleports onto a horse. Now look, I am on a horse...