atunah

Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

Swept Away by a Kiss by Katherine Ashe

Swept Away by a Kiss - Katharine Ashe

Pirates, be there Pirates. Yes there be :)

Sorry, I have a soft spot for historicals that play out at least part on the sea and there better be some pirates in that mix. I got all that and a lot more.

Both the hero and the heroine are not people that fit into what their contemporary society would expect of them. Both are stubborn. Both are flawed. I wanted to strangle both of them at different points of the novel. Or smack them on the back of the head. Snap out of it.
Their interactions are so intense and like the flow of the ocean. Push and pull.

For the secrets he cannot talk about for fear of danger to his beloved. So he takes and then he pushes her away again. Until she is just pushed to the edge of her stubbornness. Enough is enough and so like a good thinking heroine, she takes some matters into her own hands. No meek miss this one.

Like her, took a while to love her though. Same with him.

I really liked this one. Had a really nice feel to it. On and off the ship.

This was the first time I have read this author, will not be the last for certain. I think I already own a couple of the other books. There was just something so engaging in the story the dialogue.

My lack of vocabulary leaves me fishing for the right words again. :)