atunah

Karen Marie Moning

Lord of Secrets by Alyssa Everett

Lord of Secrets - Alyssa Everett

4.5

I always say to those that ask, that romance is about the journey. And in this one it is even more true then many others.

We meet the hero coming across as initially cold and off standoffish and quickly realize he is socially awkward, and guilt ridden. He thinks of himself as depraved. He rescues the heroine from a lonely life after her father dies on a ship they all are residing on, back to England.

She then has to deal with her husband not being willing to consummate the marriage and her quest and heartbreak to get to the bottom of it all. The one thing I absolutely loved about the heroine is that she just didn't give up on the hero. There was one moment she about did, but came out of it again in short time later in the novel. But throughout she wants him, likes him and loves him.

And she saves him too by not turning her back on him and bringing out the truth. Wonderful story. Wonderful characters. Wonderful journey.