atunah

Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

My Love, My Enemy by Jan Cox Speas

My Love, My Enemy - Jan Cox Speas

This was just so fantastic that I'll never have the words to do it justice. Everything about it was great.

It all starts when a young woman from Annapolis in Chesapeake sneaks on board of her fathers boat, captained by their scottish helper. She just wants to spend her birthday money and buy some frippery in town.

It is the war of 1812 and the British have a blockade in the Bay so she isn't suppose to go near the ship.

In town she ends up saving a proud and elegant Englishman from an angry mob and from there we are taken on an adventure of an epic scale.

The details and research of the war, the ships, the battles is gripping. Everything is so vivid I almost could smell the sea water. The characters are all like alive people and I fell in love with so many of them.

Like I said, I could never do justice with my paltry review skills. I highly recommend this to anyone that loves a sweeping well researched historical romance with a lively and likable American heroine and a proud and resourceful Englishman.

I am so surprised to find out this has been written in 1961. There is nothing aged here, if feels fresh and lively. Unfortunately this author didn't write a lot of novels and the others are not available yet on ebook as far as I can see. I sure hope they will though and I'll snap them up right away.

My first 5 star of the new year and may there be many more to come :)