atunah

Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

True to the Highlander by Barbara Longley

True to the Highlander - Barbara Longley

Overall this was a enjoyable time travel romance. I liked that the heroine was different from other time travelling lasses, she is half native american. She also plays the violin, which she just happened to have on her when she went back to 14 hundred something.

I forgot the write down the date before I returned the prime loan. :)

So she made some baskets, knew about plants, caught, killed and skinned rabbits to make furs. So the weaving into the story some of her heritage was interesting. But I think I would have liked to see that explored a bit more.

So the juxtaposition of the highland clans to the native american clans was a nice touch for a time travel. The way she explained to the highland clan where she came from and how the societies are similar. Since she couldn't come right out saying she is from the future.

So overall it was quite enjoyable, even if a bit predictable. It read really nice with a great highlander hero and a lot of great side characters. And of course there is a villain.

I am looking forward to the next one which will be about the cousin to this hero.