atunah

Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

The Dirt on Ninth Grave

The Dirt on Ninth Grave - Darynda Jones

Tough one. I was not too happy about the last one. Not yet liking where this story is going at this point.

I loved this series in the early books. That kind of humor just works for me with still having serious tones throughout.

I really didn't like some parts of this book, loved some poignant scenes at other times, sometimes liked the humor banter with the group, other times it felt just not true. Left me a bit cold.

And most of all, for me this book is a perfect example why 1st person is not my favorite thing at all. I usually don't like it at all, but lots of UF is written in 1st, so I don't have much choice. But this story in this book especially, highlighted to me the big shortcomings with it. I needed the POV of the other characters. It was like half of the story was missing without that. I don't want to put spoilers down, but it just didn't work as much for me, partly of the 1st person in this particular installment.

It worked fine in the early books. I think I get fatigue much much faster with a series that is in 1st person. At some point I just feel closed in and the character starts to annoy. But it is what it is.

This and the last book is not up to what the early books were. I might continue, or I might not. We'll see.