atunah

Atunah's Romance Haus

The Alabaster Hip (The Regency Romp Trilogy Book 3)
Maggie Fenton;Margaret Foxe
Kit
Noreen A. Reilly-Harrington
Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul Series #1)

Lord of the Fading Lands - C.L. Wilson I am not a fantasy reader, so I was a bit worried and intimidated before embarking. I figured it's a good one to start as there is a romance. I didn't see the glossary of terms, until I got to the end of the ebook, so duh. But after a bit into the book I got the hang of it quickly. The magic and the terminology makes sense and is logical. I wasn't ever lost thankfully, nor was I overwhelmed. I think it helped too that the society is very much one I find a lot in historical romance. The court, court intrigue, Queens and Kings, powerplays. Just with the added magic. Heroine being from the lower classes, Hero being King. I think I read a review here describing this a bit as a Cinderella story and it certainly has that theme. I am not a huge fan of the fated mate thingy. But it was well done here. They didn't jump into bed the first chapter screaming mine mine mine. :)Coolest bit? Hero turns into a giant cat with wings that flies. How do you beat that. Meowww :)The book though just ends. It is not a standalone. I knew it was a series, but I didn't expect it to just, well end without any resolutions. This is one of these books that managed to drag me into it. The world is vivid and alive. The poems are lovely. I am exited for the next books as there is so much still to discover in this world.