atunah

Atunah's Romance Haus

The Alabaster Hip (The Regency Romp Trilogy Book 3)
Maggie Fenton;Margaret Foxe
Kit
Noreen A. Reilly-Harrington
Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

Indiscreet

Indiscreet - Carolyn Jewel

I love these regency's that don't play out in London. Here we have a kind of road adventure romance across Turkey and Syria of the more serious kind. The romance and love between the H/h wasn't in question here, they declare pretty early, but its more about the road on how to get to be together and surviving on the way back to England. The hero thinks of himself as a large and ugly and the heroine has a different upbringing than most of her contemporaries. The hero is immediately fascinated with the heroine who is a very nice match for him. The scenes where heroine actually has to pass as a native boy are very well done. There is more to it than just dark paste on face and hair and clothes. So it was nice to see some thought put into this. It was after all very serious for both of them and dangerous. I would have liked just a tad more romance building since they kind of fall for each other quickly and its settled so to speak.