atunah

Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Shadows - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Reading prequels to a series, after the first book goes against every fiber of my being. I am really OCD when it comes to reading stuff in order and by order I mean chronological.

I just don't like to go back when a story is already ahead.

But every review insisted this has to be read after the first in this series so I did. Reluctantly. :)

First the actual romance here was just a tad to sugary sweet for me. Compared to Daemon and Katy in the first book, Dawson and Bethany were just a bit to cutesy.

It was good to finally get to meet them though after the snippets of talk in the 1st. It was also nice to get to know the other Lux better and what makes them tick.

This story of course also explains a bit better why Daemon is the way he is in Obsidian, but he isn't completely off the hook for being a douche.

What I liked best though was getting a tad more info on the Feds and how they are dealing with the Lux. I think there was more info on that here than in Obsidian, so that was good.

Overall it was ok, a bit short and sugary, but important for the info.

On to the next one.....