atunah

Atunah's Romance Haus

The Alabaster Hip (The Regency Romp Trilogy Book 3)
Maggie Fenton;Margaret Foxe
Kit
Noreen A. Reilly-Harrington
Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

The Devil of Clan Sinclair by Karen Ranney

The Devil of Clan Sinclair - Karen Ranney

I am never let down by Ranney.

In this one the hero and the heroine have to overcome quite some obstacles to be together. They meet and fall almost instantly in love, but her father a wealthy American, wants a title for his daughter and is not about to let her marry a Scot.

So they are apart with her married to someone else. Hero is an inventor of an ice machine and pines for her.

She then blows back into his life as a widow and then the even bigger problems between them start. She does something pretty despicable, but she does it for the family of her dead husband.

He also later does something pretty bad out of being hurt by her. So they both act against each other in pretty horrible ways, out of hurt.

Its how they find their way back to each other that is the meat of this story. Quite the flawed people in this one.

Only thing I didn't like was the somewhat abrupt ending. I would have liked to see it more "finished" for lack of a better word.