atunah

Atunah's Romance Haus

The Alabaster Hip (The Regency Romp Trilogy Book 3)
Maggie Fenton;Margaret Foxe
Kit
Noreen A. Reilly-Harrington
Feversong: A Fever Novel
Karen Marie Moning

Contact by Susan Grant

Contact - Susan Grant

Science Fiction Romance happens to be one of my favorite sub genres of romance, along with historical, historical paranormal and time travel. Heck, I love most romance subgenres :)

But finding well written non erotic titles in this sub genre is not easy. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind reading some fluffy erotic earthling kidnap story once in a while, but often its all sex and no story. Just like I sometimes want fluffy historicals and other times more deeper and more researched ones, I want to read SF romance with world building and plot.

And I hit the jackpot with this title. It has many of my catnips. :). I prefer the kind of SFR where Earth is either still there, or like earthlings having had to leave or such things. Like colonization of other planets. I guess I just prefer some connection still with humans.

Several things worked for me in Contact. Heroine is not of the wimpy kind, she is capable. She is a commercial airline pilot and shows humanity and willingness to look beyond the surface. Hero is also a wonderful character. Hard life, so seems cold and and closed off.

I loved the world building and the images it created in my mind. There are many other characters that are just as vivid as the main ones creating a full experience.

I enjoyed the heck out of this one and I am sure I will have a let down now with not finding many more like this. And yes, romance readers want world building and plot and story and characters and emotions. I want it all and thank you to this author for creating all that in a Science Fiction Romance. :)

First of this author I read and now I will go through her back list.